Social Media Manager,
Hello is a social-led, creative agency focussed on redefining creative possibilities.
We use cultural understanding to go deep on community and build powerful insights for brands facing a rapidly changing world. We bring a start-up mentality to everything we do, along with social expertise and the backing of the world’s largest social media agency: We Are Social.
The company launched in Italy in 2019 and in UK in 2021. We work with brands including Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Video Sport, Zalando, Zurich Insurance, Novo Nordisk, Disney, Kinder and more.
Inclusion at every level is crucial to creative innovation and success, and we want to create a workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. We welcome and encourage talent from ALL backgrounds and are committed to creating a representative team that can deliver creative excellence.
If you require any support, adjustments or accommodations for any reason whatsoever during the recruitment process, please let us know via email@example.com
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team at Hello to support the growth of a key account. This is a specialist role, shaping the social media presence of one of the world’s top VR Headset Platforms.
You’ll be well-versed in gaming as a hobby, able to hold your own when discussing just about any title with the most hardened aficionado. Preferably you will have experience working for a gaming publication or brand in the past and have both a personal and professional curiosity towards the things driving gaming culture.
You’ll live and breathe gaming in social, with a list of favourite Twitch streamers, content creators, Discord servers and sub-Reddits as your mainline into the culture. You’ll be abreast of all the latest news and trends from following the right gaming experts and journalists on Twitter and TikTok.
You’re also passionate about social media and gaming content, and quick off the mark when it comes to social platform growth and development.
This is a dynamic role, where your skills for creative and editorial will align. You’ll work alongside EU Social Media Managers from local markets, to input into identifying stories from our core audiences, crafting ideas to create content our audiences love – whether that’s a quick meme or video execution. As the person at the coalface of the account through community management, you’ll also have a role in building client relationships, showing that we understand the audience and language used.
You’ll work closely with the different departments in our agency to foster a strong team mentality. This means being inquisitive, collaborative and genuine. As this is a small nimble team you will be okay with getting driving work forward, identifying opportunities, and sometimes playing outside of your lane.
- Inputting into the day-to-day planning, creation and delivery of consistently brilliant branded content for distribution across UK & EU social media channels
- Ideating content reactively based on community insights, social trends and gaming updates
- Ideating creatively compelling ideas, tailored for different platforms and communities
- Being a competent community manager that can bring the hype around community moments that matter to our audience
- Working with the UK based Editor, Designer, and Project Manager, as well as EU based writers, to run a high level account
- Creating, evolving and owning relationships with clients and attending client-facing meetings as required
- When required, pitching for new business (sometimes outside of category)
What are we looking for?
- Experience in social, digital and other communications platforms
- Experience at a writer level at a publication, in-house or agency-side, ideally within the gaming vertical
- Experience implementing a clearly set tone of voice
- Experience creating agenda-setting content
- A love for tech and innovation in the social space
- An appreciation for business procedures, and the ability to learn and adapt to new ways of working (XFN processes, technology, and platforms)
- Experience working within environments where there are agile working structures
- A commitment to in-person collaboration by joining your team in-office twice a week for ‘agency days’ (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Editorial-level fluency in French, Spanish, and/or German would be a plus
- Proven writing experience at an excellent level
- Ability to work proactively and drive work forward
- Ability to work well in agile and sometimes pressurised environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to take an editorial strategy and ideate off the back of it
- Ability to collaborate with other specialisms to create the very best work
Why should you join our team?
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility – time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Optional sabbaticals after 5 years
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours
- Work From Anywhere
- We Are Social Passport